27 May 14 Principal Skinner Facts That You May Not Know
It’s time to test your Simpsons trivia knowledge with these 14 Principal Skinner facts!
1. He was the first non-family member to have a speaking role on the show (not including the shorts).
2. The first drawing of Skinner was done by Matt Groening, basing him on school principals of his youth.
3. His IQ is in the top 2% of the nation.
4. He was once a fourth-grade science teacher.
5. Writer Jon Vitti named him after behavioral psychologist B. F. Skinner.
6. An original idea for Skinner was that he would continually mispronounce words, which he does in the first episode.
7. He was also originally supposed to wear a toupée.
8. He is right-handed.
9. Ken Keeler pitched and wrote the infamous episode ‘The Principal And The Pauper’, where Skinner is revealed to be the imposter Armin Tamzarian. It was the last episode Ken wrote for the show.
10. He steams a good ham.
11. Skinner’s prisoner of war ID number was 24601, which is also Sideshow Bob’s and Marge’s prisoner number, as well as being a reference to Jean Valjean’s prisoner number in Les Misérables.
12. He and his mother Agnes live next door to Martin Prince and his family.
13. His nickname is ‘Spanky’.
14. He thinks words he would never say.
So there you have it, 14 Principal Skinner facts that you may not have known. Are there any important ones you think we’ve left out? Be sure to post them in the comments section below.
Also don’t forget to check out our Simpsons Podcast archive to listen to our episode reviews, cast interviews, Top 10 lists and more!